8.24.2004

oh. my. goodness. really really spontaneous weekend. on friday morning at approximately 10 am, i found myself leaving for a road trip to ohio to visit Sarah with Dave and Ashley. we left at 12:30 after much, much confusion and chaos. basically, the weekend consisted of driving driving driving, loss of sleep, lots of sarah, lots of free food, and cooking salmon in a parking lot on a camp stove. which was possibly the best salmon i've ever had because it was cooked in a parking lot in the sun.

Things I Learned About David

1. He is a perfect gentlemen and makes it a habit to respect the female gender.

2. He likes his oranges pre-peeled for him.

3. He likes to drive with the sunroof open.

4. He drinks lots of coffee. LOTS.

5. 3 of his top 5 places he want to visit in the world are the same as mine.

6. He doesn't know who Hilary Duff is. Thank God.

7. He likes praying out loud better than silently.

8. He snores.

9. He still likes Delirious.

10. He memorizes poems about platypuses. (i think he's obsessed)

11. He WILL own a Mini Cooper and a Land Rover. Someday.

Things I Learned About Ashley

1. SHE GETS CARSICK.

2. She doesn't wear Ralph Lauren.

3. She dances sporatically.

4. She doesn't eat french fries, even when she takes them. She just doesn't.

5. She is obsessed with reading certain people's blogs. Including mine. <3

6. She wants to be a pediatric or maternity nurse.

7. She likes Lonestar.

8. She likes taking pictures. Lots of pictures.


Sometime during this trip I realized exactly how much these two people mean to me. They have influenced my life in so many more ways then they know, and strangely enough, after 8 years of friendship with David Ridley and 2 years with Ashley Pelletier (pel-ti-ay) :) it has only been recently that we have had the level of friendship that we have now. I am incredibly blessed and thankful that they allow me to be their friend and welcome me into their lives without trying to change me.

Thank you for everything. Love you guys.

<3

No comments: