8.28.2005

well well well.

here i am. back at school. back at Houghton. back to class.

i don't want to be here.

sometimes the worst part about going to college is going to college. i know that i will have fun, that i'll get over it, that it won't be so bad not having any close friends in the dorm anymore. i know judy and sam are the floor below and that makes me happy. my roommates are both really nice and i know it'll be a good year. but i still wish i was home.

i wish i was getting ready to crawl in my bed after a good day full of church and ashley and relaxing. i wish i had to work tomorrow at the barn, and be able to ride my pony. i miss him.

in other news...i need to stop feeling sorry for myself and wake up to the fact that chem is at 8 in the morning. please pray for me!

my last few days at home were really really good..i spent friday with the ridley's, which was wonderful because i got to see Dave for a long time. we went to the beach and played soccer (oh excuse me...football) and rummy 500 and just layed in the sun. it was very enjoyable. then we went back to their house and had my favorite dessert ever (Pavlova) and i painted anna's toenails and watched Master and Commander of the Seven Seas. i love my second family.

saturday i had a craaaazy day but it was a good crazy. i woke up at 9:30 to bake Swedish Butter Cookies for Jesse, then ran ran ran to the post office to mail his guitar + cool stuff package before it closed at 12:30. i left my house at 12:20. it was awesome. then i went to walmart, hallmark, and the barn to ride my pony for the last time. we played outside and went for a trail ride and played with the hose. it was a good last ride till thanksgiving. after the barn, i ran to the romine's to pick up my shirt i'd left, then ran home to take a shower, eat dinner (steak and baked potatoes) then...dum dum dum.

i got to see joshua!!!!!!!!!!

it was so so so exciting and the best thing i could've done on my last night home. i went down to his house and met him, then went to panera bread and he ate dinner and i had british breakfast tea. then we went back to his house and i met his roommate and helped him unpack like the good helper that i am. i am the t-shirt and sock master. after that we just hung around his house talking and laughing and then went to the store to get tums for my tummy. i have an ulcer. but that's another story. we basically just sat around and talked for like 6 hours. it was awesome. i was so happy to see him and hear about dive school and see the picture and his new insignia and everything. i was so happy that he came home yesterday instead of driving home. i miss him.

today was moving in day...my mommy and i left at 5:30 this morning and made it to HC at 12:30. we stopped 3 times cause we had Sally with us. aaaannndd...when we got here, billy came as a surprise and helped me move in! i am very thankful that he came because i had lots of heavy stuff. he also stayed and played frisbee with us on the quad to jump start the season. i'm glad he came, it was good to see him, and as always, disc at houghton wouldn't be the same without him.

well...my brain needs resting for chem and genetics and calc all in the SAME DAY. mmmmrrrrmmmrrrr.
i miss Ashley!

10\2 dreaming of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RACHEL!! hey!!! im sure u remember me lol well i just came across your blog and i thought i would say hey and ask how u have been since we havent talked in forever!!! well im gonna go but visit my xanga sumtime if u want www.xanga.com/SHELBY_LOVES_ME
ill talk to ya later!!