11.09.2004

I want someone to be quiet with-
Someone who will hold me close;
And through that embrace
The love would seep through
And warm me.
No words.
Just a shoulder to rest my head on,
And a heart that understands
But no words.
Maybe a tear or two,
A smile,
Eyes that burst forth with love
Yes, God is there.
I know He loves me
But…
It’s just a little something that is needed
Now
A little time to share
A loving silence,
Which words need not express.
It’s all felt in the heart.
I’m regressing, you say?
Maybe,
But haven’t you ever longed for
Someone to hold you?
Aren’t you sick of words-
Empty, meaningless syllables
That have no actions with them?
Words that can tell you nothing
Until they’re felt.
I know I’m loved.
I know not all words are meaningless-
Love isn’t.
But sometimes it needs a little reinforcing
Maybe for no apparent reason-
But the longing is there,
In all of us.
Have you ever reached out
And hugged someone that you loved
Just for no reason?
No words.
Just love that warms the soul.
No words.
Love.

by me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are so loved. I can't wait until Christmas when I can go in your room and annoy you, climb into your bed and sing to you very loudly.

You know you miss me.

You are my Spice Girl, and that won't ever change.