8.08.2007

i realized when i was at work today exactly how blessed i am to work with the people that i do. they are more generous, accepting, caring, and loving than most christians i know. and not a single one of them is a christian. anytime i go somewhere for the weekend, have a test, feel sick one day, hurt myself, even get a haircut, without fail every single one will ask me about it. every one. every time. in the short amount of time that i have known them, they have included me and befriended me more than people i've known for years. they invite me to go out with them, whether to a bar or a concert or dinner or anything. they are constantly complimenting everyone, including me. i can't count the number of times people have said "i'm so glad you're here. you can't go back to school, we won't let you." today i had one of the other techs tell me that one of the docters told her that i crack him up and that he is so glad i work there. what? i'm funny? they bring out parts of me i don't know exist. i know if i've had a bad day or night or have a lot on my mind, i can get up and go to work, and at 7:30 in the morning every day i can walk through the door and know instantly that within minutes i will forget about everything else and truly be myself and relax. i have laughed more freely and more often this summer than i can remember doing in a long time. even if it's busy and everyone is running around stressed trying to get things done, without a doubt there will be a laugh heard every five minutes or less. they bring out something in me that is rarely seen sometimes, and i am so grateful for it. i know that when i have to go back to school that i will miss every one so much, and i know that i will be missed, which is something that needs to be heard by everyone at some point. i am so, so blessed.

No comments: